Summer Accelerator Dundee
Join us for our first Summer Accelerator programme aimed purely at students, recent graduates and University/College staff taking place in Dundee.
4 June - 31 August 2018
Includes an entrepreneurial boot camp called The Elevator Challenge from the 18th to the 20th June 2018:
This cost-free Accelerator opportunity (yes that's right it is free to participate!) is open to students, graduates or Unversity/College Staff at:
- Abertay University
- University of Dundee
- University of St Andrews
- Dundee & Angus College
Are you on the fringes of starting your own ambitious business?
Or have you already formed a business with great potential?
You might be an individual or you may have already created a dream team...
Deadline for applications is Monday 23rd April 2018.
The 12-week Accelerator Programmes cover different entrepreneurial themes each week including; business models, goal setting, identifying new markets and opportunities, vision, mission, and values, customer relationships, company culture, team dynamics, cash-flow and finance, intellectual property, pitching, scale and growth and exit strategy.
Experienced entrepreneurs present to participants in weekly sessions and mentors with specific skill sets to match businesses will be appointed to each Founder.
The Founders will be encouraged to attend Business Gateway workshops, Elevator and Business Gateway events, embrace networking opportunities and meet and discuss their plans with the Accelerator Team at each stage.
Spend 12 weeks immersed in your own business and learn how to:
• Explore the opportunities possible through your business idea.
• Develop Business Models that work to help you reach your goals.
• Gain personal insight into your skills and talents.
• Gain real-life pitching experience
• Build a team to help you reach collective goals.
• Improve your personal network.
• Benefit from Mentor insights - meet the people who have 'been there and done it'
• Hone your leadership skills in wild and new environments (you'll see!).
• Learn and then apply tools and techniques to validate your business idea.
• Discover what a 'beachhead market' and who yours could be...
• Develop your initial customer base.
• Evaluate your competition
• Showcase your business to the community.
• Celebrate your success!
The Dundee Summer Accelerator Programme is funded in part by ERDF.
Investing in a smart, sustainable and inclusive future.