Business Spotlight - The Three Foxes
This week we’d like to introduce a new business that is making an impact in the Angus fine dining sector – The Three Foxes based in Forfar.
Owned and run by Declan Murphy, this business isn’t just a fresh new business, but they also pride themselves on their use of the freshest local produce to enhance the fine dining experience at The Three Foxes.
As well as also offering wine and coffee bar facilities, The Three Foxes also hosts regular entertainment from local bands, and not forgetting the large outdoor play area to keep the younger visitors happy!
To find out more about The Three Foxes, we asked Declan a few questions:
Business owner: Declan Murphy
Date business started: 1st September 2015
Business tel: 01307 818080
1. What did you do before you started your business?
I was a supervisor in a food production business.
2. What drew you towards your field of business?
I had previous food and catering experience, and had always wanted to be my own boss.
3. What hurdles and challenges have you faced in getting to the stage you are currently at?
Some of the capital equipment (such as cookers and overs) was faulty, which required time and money. I also experienced staffing issues.
4. How has Elevator and Business Gateway helped you and your business on its journey?
They provided me with advice in getting the business started, as well as support with finding grants. I also received marketing and social media support, which also helped me get things moving.
5. Since starting your business, if you could have done one thing differently, what would that be?
Contact Business Gateway sooner!
6. What aspect of your business have you taken the most pride in since you started?
I’m delighted with and very proud of the corporate branding for The Three Foxes. The style and look fit in perfectly with the fine dining atmosphere we have worked hard to build.
7. Has the business recently secured significant orders, expanded its premises, taken on new staff, received funding, produced something unique, increased exports, etc.?
We have plans to increase our number of staff in the near future.
8. What do you love about running your business? Or the sector you work in?
I love having the freedom to make my own decisions in the business.
9. What plans do you have for the future of your business?
We have many plans going into the next year, but we don’t want to give too much away just now!
Back to all blogs