Elevator’s MAKING IT HAPPEN Conference is taking place this year on Thursday 11th October 2018. With support from Developing Young Workforce (DYW) and the University of Aberdeen Business School, we are hosting a pitching competition, with a cash prize of £1,000.
This competition is open to ALL Primary and Secondary Schools in Aberdeen City and Shire.
This exciting challenge will allow pupils to gain an understanding of issues in their local school/community, research ideas and obtain solutions. It will let pupils face real-world challenges where they will benefit from valuable teamwork, creativity and marketing skills – all important skills for further and higher education and the world of work. Unleashing entrepreneurial skills, this competition will allow young people to have access to experiences and skills that will help them with the next stages of their lives.
- Do you have an idea to run a business within your school but need initial investment?
- Do you love Art & Design but need new photography equipment to support future photographers?
- Is your school in desperate need of new technology to bring learning to life such as virtual reality goggles?
- Is there a problem in your local Community which you would like to help fix or raise awareness about?
- Do you have an idea to help bring communities together?
- Do you want to hold an event with a motional speaker or hold a business breakfast?
- Would your local community benefit from a vegetable patch?
- Do you have an idea to support people suffering from mental health in your school?
Develop an idea and pitch to a panel to receive £1000 to deliver your project.
We would like to hear how you would help boost motivation and inspire your school to do something different to learn valuable skills to take into the workplace.
Here’s how to apply to win the £1000…
You will need to:
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for full terms and conditions, and what to include in your 1-minute video pitch.
- Record a 60-second video pitch.
- Upload this to Vimeo or YouTube.
- Submit the link and your details here (all video applications must be received by 5 pm on Friday 28th September).
Five finalists will be announced and contacted by Tuesday 2nd October and will be required to extend their pitch to 2 minutes.
At Elevator’s Making it Happen Conference, on Thursday, 11th October 2018, the 5 finalists will deliver their 2-minute pitch live on-stage in front of an audience of 400 people. Our panel of industry experts will decide the winner, which will be announced on the day.
The 5 finalists will compete to win a cash prize of £1,000. This money will be used to help make their ideas become a reality within their school or local community.