Elevator delivers Business Gateway training and specialist advisory services across the Edinburgh and Lothians region. We encourage more people to start-up and grow successful businesses, provide business owners with improved skills to enable them to trade more effectively, unlocking their potential while accessing new and improved market opportunities.
Business Gateway is a national service with training, advice and business information available to Scottish businesses free of charge at the point of access. Elevator is funded to deliver these services on behalf of the City of Edinburgh Council.
We have opportunities for suppliers to support us to deliver innovative and impactful services through this contract in the following aspects:
- Pre-Start and Early-Stage Business Training and Advisory Services (in-person and virtual)
- One to Many Training Workshops
- One to Few Coaching Sessions
- Surgery Appointments
These provide a variety of supplier opportunities with material orientated towards those who are new to business with topics including pre-start ideas generation, general business start-up, strategy, marketing and branding your new business, start-up market research, finance, understanding tax and VAT, digital. Other topics will be included as appropriate.
- Established and Growing Business Training and Advisory Services (in-person and virtual)
- One to Many Training Workshops (1/2 day and full day workshops to larger groups of 4-20 people)
- One to Few Coaching Sessions (small groups of businesses covering specialist topic areas)
- Expert Help Lite (1/2 day support)
- Expert Help (Up to 3 days of support)
- Surgery Appointments (short 1hr 1-2-1 sessions with new or established businesses)
These provide a variety of supplier opportunities with material orientated towards those who are more experienced in business and will include the following topics: Strategy, Marketing, Finance, Digital, Business Model Canvas, Customer Personas, Managing Staff, Customer Journey Mapping. Other topics will be included as appropriate.
Suppliers will be expected to design and deliver material to an agreed standard which will be branded as Business Gateway.