In the run up to our huge Elevator Conference 2015, you can expect some fantastic guest blog posts from our 9 inspirational speakers on the topic of #MakingItHappen.
If you have not already booked your free place at this conference, you can do so HERE. This takes place at the AECC on Friday the 20th of November.
Today we are joined by the ‘young belter’ Christian Macleod from CM.
2014 was a landmark year for 23-year-old belt designer and professional golfer Christian MacLeod:
- His first collection of belts was showcased to the world of luxury fashion in April.
- Since then, his CM brand has been showcased in 437 magazines.
- Christian received a nomination at the 2014 Scottish Fashion Awards as ‘Accessory Designer of the Year’.
- Christian has had celebrity support from former Golf Open Winner Paul Lawrie, British actor James Sutton and professional footballer Derk Boerrigter amongst others.
- Christian developed a new partnership with Aston Martin.
- He also saw the official opening of his first flagship store.
At the Elevator Conference 2015, Christian will give us a fascinating insight into his strategy for building the CM brand, the hurdles he faced to be accepted onto the worldwide luxury fashion stage and how he set about reinventing ‘Miracle at Medinah’ Ryder Cup player Paul Lawrie as a fashion icon to feature in GQ magazine alongside the world’s most famous supermodels and brands.
Some words of wisdom from Christian:
My Father once told me; he said, "Christian there are 24 hours in a day. Everyone gets this, everyone gets the same amount; nothing more, nothing less.
Now Son, to get the best out of your day you need to sleep for 8 hours. To live a successful life where you have enough income coming in to live, pay for your accommodation, lifestyle and wellbeing you need to work for 8 hours a day. 8 plus 8 = 16 hours. You now have 8 hours left, what are you going to do with your spare 8 hours? The choice is yours!"
The Elevator Conference takes place on the 20th of November at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre. To come along and hear from Christian and the rest of our amazing line up you can book your place HERE.
To keep up to date with Christians successful journey you can follow him via:Back to all blogs