Entries for the 2012 Grampian Awards for Business Enterprise open today (Monday 2 April 2012).
The awards, which are now in their 13th year, are established as one of the leading business accolades in the North East.
Gary McEwan from event organisers Enterprise North East Trust (Enterprise) and Mike Fergusson from headline sponsors RBS launched the awards at Main of Drum garden centre, which was the recipient of the business success (under three years) award in 2011. The awards celebrate ‘seedling’ business, businesses which can demonstrate significant growth and entrepreneurs who help other businesses and organisations to bloom.
Businesses can enter one or more of the following eight categories:
• Promising New Business (businesses under 12 months old at deadline for applications. Nominations can only be made by a Business Advisor or RBS Bank Manager) - sponsored by Business Gateway
• Business Success (businesses that have been trading for over 3 years at deadline for applications) – sponsored by RBS
• Business Success (businesses that have been trading for under 3 years at deadline for applications) – sponsored by RBS
• The Wood Group Award for Innovation – sponsored by Wood Group
• The Alick Buchanan Smith Spirit of Enterprise – sponsored by Aberdeen City & Shire
• Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year – sponsored by Optima UK Ltd
• Employer of the Year – sponsored by Aberdeen City & Shire
• Entrepreneur of the Year – sponsored by RBS
The applications are open to enterprises of all sizes in Aberdeen City and Shire. Registration Forms can be completed online at www.grampianawards.com by 25th April 2012. All final applications must be submitted by 4th May 2012.
Shortlisted entries will be notified on the 8th May and invited to attend the awards ceremony at Mercure Ardoe House Hotel on Thursday 21st June 2012. The winners of the awards will each be presented with a unique handcrafted trophy at the black tie awards dinner.Back to all blogs