Last week, founders from our Dundee Accelerator and our Perth Creative Accelerator pitched their business ideas to potential investors during two energetic showcases.
Our Elevator Accelerator, designed to maximise the potential of your business, is a 12-week programme which encourages ambitious pre-start and existing businesses who aspire to take their business to the next level.
It covers a variety of entrepreneurial themes from business modelling and goal setting to market and opportunity identification as well as scale, growth and exit strategies, preparing thriving business-owners as they take their next steps to success.
Andy Campbell, Head of our Accelerator Programme, said: “Scotland’s ambition is to build a world-leading entrepreneurial nation. We believe our Accelerator programmes play an integral role in helping to make this happen; and the feedback we received from potential investors was testament to this.
“Elevator prides itself on spotting entrepreneurial talent from a range of sectors. From our energy sector accelerator - Grey Matters, to our creative Famous Grouse Ideas Centre Accelerator in Perth and our flagship and academic accelerators, Elevator provides a broad range of opportunities.
“We’re always looking for flourishing businesses with innovation at their core and are delighted to welcome applications for our next cohort.”
Our Dundee Cohort included:
- Hydas Ltd, using real-time data and algorithms to provide 98% accurate failure prediction rates for wind turbine reducing down time, maintenance and repair costs
- Quinn Property Investments, a professional investment platform for amateur investors
- FLVTTR, a highly innovative platform for creative companies and individuals to showcase their work, attract talent and identify opportunities
- Linkatalog, an internal business search engine service to solve ‘corporate amnesia’
- Dr Bharti Rajput MBE, founder Soul Body Soul, looking at revolutionising the footcare industry
- Live Visit, an immersive AR technology platform for smartphones and tablets, allowing the user to travel back in time to see historical ruins restored to their former glory
- Empty Belly, a ground-breaking app changing the face of sports catering in the UK
- Teknique Sports, a biomechanical comparison tool for professional athletes utilising sensors, computer vision and machine learning
- Megan Brown Studios, an early year’s interactive interiors and products business looking to create a globally scalable design company from Scotland
- GoRoadie, a driving instructor companion and comparison site with global ambitions which enables learners to find their perfect instructor and instructors to manage their workload
Our Creative Perth Cohort included:
- The Nest, a luxury hub offering pre and post-natal support with trained psychologists
- Seawolf Graphics, a freelance Scottish digital designer
- Making Sport Fit, experienced sports development professional offering tailored solutions to individuals, groups, schools and sports groups
- Heart 200, a new 200-mile touring route around Perth, Stirling, The Trossachs and Highland Perthshire
- Esports, the fastest growing professional online competitive gaming organisation based in Scotland
- Sarah Halliday Art, bespoke design and exquisite original artwork
- Rethinking, provider of personal and professional support through periods of change
- Mishon, an innovative app set to disrupt the buy and sell art market
- Amelia’s Cake Pops, a range of gourmet artistic sweet treats and cake pops for every occasion
- Vivomotion, a multi award-winning scientific animation studio with a mission to help cure diseases, such as cancer
- Ride It Clothing, a bespoke biking clothing brand designed by a rider for riders
Back to all blogs