If you are a business owner based in Perth City, then we’ve got some fantastic news for the connectivity of your business. Perth and Kinross Council have launched a new scheme that aims to encourage businesses to improve their digital connectivity.
Applicable businesses that apply will receive a voucher up to the value of £3,000 to cover the fixed cost of getting connected. Businesses themselves will then pay the ongoing line rental charge. This represents a fantastic opportunity for local businesses to bypass the often-considerable cost of upgrading their Internet connection.
In order to be eligible for this support, businesses should note that there are some basic restrictions:
- Businesses must be located withinin a Perth City postcode.
- Businesses must be a small or medium enterprise of up to 250 staff.
- The cost of your connection must be over £250.
- The connection must be to a business premises. If you work from home, then you may still be eligible, however this only applies for applicants who consider their home as a work base, and not those who simply work from home on occasion.
- You should be signing up for at least 6 months with a digital supplier.
- Your chosen service should be at least 30mps and deliver a speed or performance improvement to your current service. Your existing connection should also not already be higher than 30Mbps.
- Your business should also not have received more than £120’000 in grants in the last three years.
This scheme is funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) via the Urban Broadband Fund and will close on 31st March 2015.
If you think your business could benefit from this grant, please visit the Invest in Perth website by clicking here (insert link) for further information on the application process and to complete the application form.
If your business isn’t quite there yet, then we’d love to hear from you. Our advisers can help you grow your business as well as guiding you in starting a new one. Get in touch with us now at Business Gateway Tayside on 01382 443 400, or Business Gateway Aberdeen City and Shire on 01224 289 425.
Back to all blogs